Carolina Critter Ridders located in Raleigh, NC is your leading source for wildlife and animal control; we specialize in removing unwanted wildlife including Squirrels, Bats, Raccoons, Opossums, Snakes and Birds.
Our trained NC wildlife damage control agents certified through the North Carolina Wildlife Commission are qualified to deal with any wildlife or animal related issue you are facing. We deal with wildlife removal and control throughout the triangle area including the following locations, Raleigh, Cary, Holly Springs, Apex, Wake Forest, Durham and Chapel Hill.
We provide squirrel removal and control for homes and commercial buildings throughout the Triangle, Squirrel proofing and trapping is the most effective way to rid you home or building of squirrels. Squirrel proofing involves properly identifying all areas that are prone for entry of these pesky critters. Once the areas are identified we’re able to come up with a game that will eliminate the entry of squirrels. Nesting areas can be found in attics, chimneys, walls and soffit areas of your home or building.
Squirrels in attics are not uncommon in the Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Wake Forest, Holly Springs area, with the vast amount of structures and the natural wooded areas surrounding these homes and buildings Raleigh makes squirrels in a attic prime real estate.
Some of the most common wildlife that people encounter in their homes and buildings are Squirrels, Bats, Squirrels, Raccoons, Opossums, Snakes and Birds.
Critter Ridders in Raleigh has the knowledge and expertise to handle you wildlife problems, if you have wildlife entering your home or building in the Raleigh area we can help you get them out and keep them out. We regularly handle issues with Raccoons, Squirrels, Bats, Opossums and birds. Wildlife can create headaches for homeowners; we have solutions that can alleviate wildlife and human contact conflicts.
SQUIRRELS During the winter:
Squirrels cause havoc during the months of November through spring due to their birthing season, squirrels seek out nesting areas in homes. If you have squirrels nesting in your attic, contact us and we will go to work to remove them and keep them out
BATS in your house or attic?
Bats are a common issue that we deal with on a daily basis; bats enter through construction gaps along rooflines and gain access into attic and structures all throughout the Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Wake Forest and Holly Springs area. Bats are known to carry the Rabies virus. Bats start their birthing season in early spring around March and April and will roost until early November. Many people are unaware that they have a bat infestation issue until they see signs. Some of the signs include
Guano “droppings” under the vents on the exterior of buildings and homes.
High pitch sounds coming from attic area.
Scratching from attic areas
Foul ammonia smell
Brown staining on trim boards of structure.
How to remove bats from your attic in the Raleigh area?
Here are Step by Step instructions for removing bats in your North Carolina home or building
Many of you searching on how to remove bats from your attic are more than likely frustrated with these little critters in your home or attic. Below I will help you discover ways of removing bats from your attics and homes.
Identifying that you have bats in your Raleigh- Durham Home or attic
The first thing you must do is properly indentify that you indeed have a bat roosting area in your home.
You should look at the outside of your home and attic area for signs that indicate that you have bat problems.
In many cases you will see staining or dropping near the area that the bat is getting in, they are called rubbed marks. These rub marks are oils from the bats hair that stains building materials as they go in and out of the structure.
The next thing that you will be looking for is there fecal matter or droppings. Their droppings look like mice droppings and are dark black.
Preparing to Remove Bats from home or attic
- You will need a tall ladder if your gable vents are high, in most cases a 28ft-40ft ladder is needed in order to reach the attic areas where the bats are roosting
- Once you have Indentified the areas you will need to go to your local hardware store and purchase ¼ hardware cloth, a staple gun, wire cutters, 1 inch pvc pipe about 4 inches in length.
- You will also need a shop-vac, and some type of disinfectant to clean the areas that are soiled with bat guano. In some cases guano can be built up in the areas with a few inches to a few ft..An N-95 respiratory mask is a must along with thick leather gloves to reduce your exposure to the guano and risk of getting bitten by bats.
Setting up the screening and exclusion.
- Climb the ladder to the area that you are going to exclude the bats from, it’s a good idea to have another person hold and support you ladder since you’re going to be up high on the ladder.
- Take all of you supplies, hardware cloth, stapler and wire cutters along with your pvc pipe.
- Once you’ve reached the area make sure to lay the wire over the vent as quickly as possible to avoid any bats flying out and getting on your face.
- Once you have the wire in place start stapling the wire onto the wood surface until it’s totally secured to the wood.
- Take your wire cutters and trim out the wire so it fits flush with the gable vent.
- Make a small cut at the edge of the wire to allow enough room for your pvc pipe to fit so it can act as a one way door allowing all of the bats to leave but not reenter.
- Repeat this procedure for all gable vents.
Bat Guano removal and clean up
- Once all bats are out now comes the fun part.
- Go into attic are with mask, gloves and shop-vac
- Locate the bat guano and spray with disinfectant and use shop-vac to clean up lose guano.
Warnings associated with bat removal and Bat Exclusion
- Bats are fast and are able to move quickly through small openings, be careful not to allow bats to bite or scratch you.
- Bats are known to transmit a host of zoo tonic diseases such as Rabies and Histoplasmosis.
- Be careful not to rub your eyes or any mucus membranes during or after dealing with bats.
If you’re in doubt about performing bat removal services feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist with all of you bat control and bat exterminator needs. We’re trained and have the experience to reduce exposure to bats and the diseases they carry.
Raccoons will seek out areas in attics and chimneys to have their young; they are notorious for causing damage to roofing shingles and trim along with flashing around chimneys. Raccoon’s fecal matter has been linked to several Zoonotic diseases. Some of the signs that may indicate that you’re having a problem with raccoons may include
Sounds coming from your chimney or attic, Loud weird Chirping” Squeaking noises.
Fecal matter in piles on roof
Stains on Ceilings
Paw prints on siding and trim.
Dead Animal Removal
Do you smell foul odors coming from your home? There’s a good chance that you might have a dead animal under in your home. We have experience in removing dead animals from walls, attic and places that are conducive to animals.
We handle snake removal both inside and outside of your home or building, if you having a problem with snakes give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you get rid of snakes that are bothering you.
Quality trusted wildlife, Bat, Squirrel, Raccoon, snake animal, and wildlife control specialist in Raleigh, Cary, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Fuquay Varina, and Wake Forest, North Carolina
The winter is upon us and Squirrels are seeking refuge from the cold nights, in many cases these pest find their way into attic and commercial buildings throughout the Raleigh Durham area. If you are hearing noises coming from your attic that sounds like running or marbles rolling on the floor you might have a family of squirrels that have set up nesting in your attic.
Squirrels cause damage to homes and building by their sheer nature of gnawing on wood products used in the construction of homes and buildings. Once the squirrels are in they make nest to have their young and store food for the long winter. They can cause quite a mess once they are in and their gnawing habit. Many will destroy wood members and electrical wiring. The best way to prevent this is by having the squirrels trapped out of the attic area and squirrel proofing your home.